This memorial day we met up with Michael's extended family at the Rupert Cemetery. It was pretty hilarious when we pulled up. They were chillin with their umbrellas and lawn chairs gathered around Grandma and Grandpa Hernandez's grave. It looked pretty silly. Michael claimed it must be a Mexican thing... We talked there for a while then moved over to Michael's mother's grave. Holly battled cancer and passed away when Michael was only a sophomore in High School. I never did have the opportunity to meet his mother. It made planning my wedding an emotional and tender time for me not having her there. I really wish I could hear her stories of what little Michael was like back when. I miss her... and look forward to meeting her some day. Holly and Steve have a beautiful family. I am very glad to be a part of it.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Memorial Day
This memorial day we met up with Michael's extended family at the Rupert Cemetery. It was pretty hilarious when we pulled up. They were chillin with their umbrellas and lawn chairs gathered around Grandma and Grandpa Hernandez's grave. It looked pretty silly. Michael claimed it must be a Mexican thing... We talked there for a while then moved over to Michael's mother's grave. Holly battled cancer and passed away when Michael was only a sophomore in High School. I never did have the opportunity to meet his mother. It made planning my wedding an emotional and tender time for me not having her there. I really wish I could hear her stories of what little Michael was like back when. I miss her... and look forward to meeting her some day. Holly and Steve have a beautiful family. I am very glad to be a part of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment