Friday, October 25, 2013

Birth: Our Greatest Adventure Yet

I had a long day at work and some mild contractions that I thought were false labor.  Once I started having contractions every 10 minutes or so, I decided I better start taking the contractions seriously.  My due date was Oct. 17 and I figured, statistically that my baby would come late, but that wasn't his plan.

Michael packed us up and we headed to the hospital once my contractions were every 5 minutes.  I was certain the nurse would send me home and say I wasn't in active labor, because my pain wasn't as severe as I had thought it should be.  The nurse checked me and we were both surprised to discover I was already dilated to a 7!  We moved from triage to the delivery room and about 7 hours later Michael helped deliver our baby boy with Dr. West.

Our boy weighed 9 lbs, 9.6 oz and was 21.5" long.  Even after laboring all night long and working the day before, I couldn't sleep after Mackay was born.   He is such a beautiful newborn. I was in awe of our little miracle and just wanted to stare at him.  He is a long, dark, and handsome little guy, just like his daddy. Here are pictures from our greatest adventure yet.
Headed to the hospital 10-9-13
10-10-13 at 0610
Michael and my L&D nurses were awesome.

Our big boy



 Nana holding her first grand baby!

 Mack finally got a bath after passing his 4 blood sugar checks. The foot pokes didn't phase him, but the bath was traumatic!

 Sweet little (big) hands and feet.
 I love these sweet boys


Mackay Michael Hernandez
 Little Mack

2 comments:

  1. This is so neat amber! Makes me wish I would have done something like that! He is so adorable! I hope to meet him soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber congratulations to you and Michael indeed what a beautiful adventure. Lil Mack is perfect and such a miracle. Feel blessed and be thankful you have the most awesome job in the world to be a mother and raise this little baby into a happy and thankful child. May your journey together as a family be the best adventure of all.

    ReplyDelete