Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stuck in Boise

We are back in Boise after our month long Christmas break.  I miss being home in Burley with family close by, where I get to spend time with silly nieces and a wonderful family on both sides.  I miss the fun at the flower shop and the chance to enjoy the warmth of the greenhouse.  I am a little sad to have to go back to school.  This should be my last semester for a while... I think.  I need a break and just want to work as an RN for a while, but I do have plans to continue my education. Michael is back in the swing of things as well and gets to drive to  Saint Al's Nampa for Clinical.  I have been trying to distract myself from school today and ended up wasting time surfing the internet for cool chairs.  Ever since I saw the movie Up I have wanted to incorporate chairs like Carl and Ellie's for Michael and I when we grow older. Now I have my eye searching for the perfect chair for me.  I'll let Michael find one that pleases him.
We visited Grandpa Badger and Grandma Vera before moving back to Boise and they had their chairs set on opposite sides of the room.  They had the darnest time trying to pass photos back and forth.  Grandpa exclaimed to Vera, "We've got to get our chairs closer together!" It's a lot of work for them to get up and down super frequently.  Michael's grandpa is 95... I think.  He has a brilliant memory (way better than mine) and makes beautiful wood work.  He is always giving his wood toys and puzzles away to the great grand kids.  I would love to have some of his work one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment