Sunday, January 22, 2012

Unbelievable Find!

Saturday, Michael and I went thrift store shopping.  We spent the entire afternoon going from shop to shop in the Treasure Valley.  I want to make coasters out of scrabble pieces like the one in this photo.  Unfortunately we did not find a scrabble game at any of the thrift stores.  So the search continues.
On the bright side, I did find the Operation Game with all the pieces, perfect condition, and even the old classic edition for only $1.99.  I seriously had considered buying the classic game off of Ebay or Amazon for $39.00.  Hasbro stopped making the version I loved and grew up with.  The new one has sound effects and objects like toilets and cellphones to remove from the patients body which does not impress me.  I love the silly ailments that were a part of the original  game like butterflies in his tummy, water on the knee, writers cramp, and a charlie horse. What are the odds of finding the edition I wanted, that had all the pieces and was still operational?  Needless to say, I came out of that store with a giant smile on my face.  What a great Day!

1 comment: