The Funk Family Reunion started out with a morning of Golf at the Blue Lakes Country Club. Michael and I have never golfed there before and were stoked about going. It is beautiful down in the canyon. I wish I took more pictures of the course and the beautiful water. We golfed with my uncles Darrell and David. They were a lot of fun to play with. Darrell found me a pretty pink metalic ball in the dry. Which was much needed as I lost plenty of balls on this course :)
After golf we had a catered lunch and spent time catching up with family a bit. Michael and I took the kayaks out and raced eachother. The water felt good. I gave paddle boarding a try. It was really fun standing up on the board and trying to keep myself balanced.
Later we went to Pat and Darrell's place for dinner, the silent auction, raffle, and family story time. I brought this birthday kit that mom and I made for the silent auction. Steph ended up buying it and is going to use it for her little girls first birthday. It was fun bidding and watching the family trying to out bid eachother for the buffalo meat. Each aunt and uncle shared a story about their mom or dad. It was great to learn more about Grandma and Grandpa Funk. We have been richly blessed to have such a great ancestory.



No comments:
Post a Comment