I have really been excited about canning and eating from our garden this year. We (Mom, Dad, Julio, and I) all helped out in the garden this year and it was our best yet. We grew peas, beans, pumpkins, turnips, basil, radishes, carrots, squash, corn, red potatoes, onions, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce... and I am probably missing several others. I love eating fresh tomatoes and other fruit from Mom's yard. Her pears did really well this year as did her raspberries, currents, and strawberries. I had to take a picture to remember our beautiful garden.
Dad helped me pick corn from Pat and Darrell's house. We picked 5 bags or so. Then we came home husked it, washed it, and prepared it for the freezer. Dad helped me with it all! I was so glad to have been able to spend the morning and early afternoon working with my Dad in the kitchen and that Pat and Darrell had plenty of corn to spare!



No comments:
Post a Comment